Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

Monthly Scrapbook Challenge #2

Ooh I missed a day! Yesterday I was practically sleep walking after very little sleep again with Blake on Wednesday night (and again last night) we think he's allergic to ibroprofen as they have had the same effect on him as dairy does. Marvellous. Anyway, he seems a bit brighter today so fingers crossed for a better night tonight.

My Mum has gone back to Spain now, we had a lovely time together and it was so fab that Mum was here for my monthly scrapbook class. Thanks to everyone who came along, great to see some new faces too! Laura, Linda and Gemma's replacement!!!

Our theme this time and the theme for my challenge this month is....Birthday's and Bunting.

So to join in my challenge you need to create your scrapbook page or pages with a Birthday theme and feature some bunting.

I'll announce the winner of the first challenge along with the prize for this challenge tomorrow! Here are my pages:



We all used the In Colours with both 12x12 card, Designer Series Papers and ribbons. I opted for Pear Pizzaz, Concord Crush and Poppy Parade. I was going to do a layout of one of the boys' birthdays but thought it would be fun to use some photos from Hubby's 30th Birthday a few years back. After cutting out 30 candles by hand I wished I had picked a second birthday party instead! Here's the second page:


The stamp set we all used is Party This Way, I even took my page title from the set. I stamped the bunting in the In Colours and added the wording using Just Perfect Alphabet stamps before cutting them out, punching holes with the crop-a-dile and threading with silver elastic thread. I stuck them down using dimensionals. The journalling is written on one of the accent stickers from Celebrate Quick Accents. I cut around it as didn't want a striped background and stuck on to a piece of Poppy Parade card. The In Colour Ribbon is so soft and you get a whopping 13.7 metres per roll!

Want to see both pages together? Like I wasn't going to show you!


Right then, to join in with this months challenge, please create your NEW (no backlinking) layout and link it below, please also link back to my challenge. Please if you can also add my challenge button to your blog:



You have until 24th April to join in!

Hugs




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x