Pages

Friday 4 March 2011

Man fest

Made you look! I'll be posting a few male themed cards over the next few days as it's my Father in Laws birthday on Tuesday. He came out of hospital last night (yey!). I thought it was his birthday on Sunday but I was wrong. At least that gives me more time to make the cards starting with this one from me and hubby:


















I've used Crumb Cake card for the base, just for a change (!) and added a layer of patterned paper from Woodland Walk. The image and sentiment are from Cheers to You, a firm favourite of mine, I can't imagine why! I stamped the beer image on Very Vanilla and coloured in in with inks and a Blender Pen and cut out. Me and my scissors seem to have become very well aquainted these days, chants to self....'need to use more punches, need to use more punches'.....


















I've added a patterned self adhesive strip from the Play Date Quick Accents pack, much better than ribbon on a blokey card me thinks. 'Dad' was stamped using the Just Perfect Alpha set in Chocolate Chip, love that you don't have to be precise with this set, or maybe that's just me making excuses!

I've also used a silver frame from the Hodge Podge Hardware set (another fab item on offer this month with 20% discount at £20.76 for the whole tinful). I've punched out a coordinating piece of Chocolate Chip card using the Designer Label Punch and then the sentiment with the 1" circle punch and popped a dimensional underneath for some lift. I didn't use the brads with the frame, just stuck it down with Tombow.


















I love the HodgePodge hardware, I bought this tin when I first became a demo in Nov 2009 and I'm still using it now as it has so much in it.

Off to regional training at Leeds tomorrow, can't wait, love meeting up with other demos and even better, having a whole day dedicated to Stampin' Up!

Hugs
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yep - defo made me look! Good luck for tomorrow!

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gr8 male Card Vic! male cards are such a headache! Hope you're well.
    Trix

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a lovely card for men

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x